Why FAWSsit™ Showers?
Aside from the obvious health benefits, a proper shower raises my patients’ self-esteem and gives them a sense of dignity. As a caregiver, I see this every day.
FAWSsit™ Showers For Caregivers
Assisted bathing can be easier and safer. Make your clients or loved ones clean, healthy and happy while aging at home. The FAWSsit™ Portable shower makes it happen with no tools, no assembly and easy transport.
The Benefits of a shower
Daily showers can offer several benefits for seniors, although it’s worth noting that the frequency of showers can depend on individual health and mobility levels. Here are a few potential benefits:
- Hygiene: Regular showers help keep the skin clean, reducing the risk of infections, skin conditions, and unpleasant odors. They can also help prevent urinary tract infections and other hygiene-related health issues.
- Skin Health: Bathing can help remove dead skin cells, promote healthy circulation, and keep the skin in good condition. Using gentle, moisturizing soaps and body washes can also help prevent dryness and itching, common skin issues in older adults.
- Therapeutic Benefits: The warm water from a shower can have therapeutic effects. It can help soothe stiff joints, aid in relaxation, and improve overall comfort.
- Mental Well-being: Maintaining daily routines, including showering, can be beneficial for mental well-being. It can provide a sense of normalcy, independence, and improved self-esteem.
- Stimulation: The sensation of warm water and the process of bathing can stimulate senses and keep the mind active, which is especially beneficial for seniors with dementia or other cognitive impairments.
As caregivers, one of the big struggles is with hygiene, especially with mobility issues or memory issues such as dementia where the client can develop a fear of loud sounds or even lose track of daily routines. Being able to have a warm, safe shower available makes the task of care for clients or loved ones at home a bit easier.
SS4040 Super Standard
Slightly wider than the Standard model. Gives you room to bathe clients from outside of the shower so clients get clean and you stay dry.
Perfect for clients in recliner wheelchairs or who lay flat. They are completely enclosed in the shower so they get a complete cleaning experience.
Perfect for bariatric clients or those that need more room in the shower. Still gives a great environment to get the client completely clean without you getting drenched.
Ready to get started?
As we journey through life, aging is a natural process that brings with it a wealth of experiences, memories, and wisdom. It’s crucial to ensure
Caring for an aging parent is a profound act of love and compassion. It’s a journey that brings forth immeasurable joys and, at times, significant